Entry fees will be set according to added money as follows:ALL EVENTS
ADM $100 or less= Entry fee Minimum of $40
ADM $101-$200= Entry fee Minimum of $50
ADM $201-$300= Entry fee Minimum of $60
ADM $301-$500= Entry fee Minimum of $70
ADM $501 or more = Entry fee Minimum of $80
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE YOUR EVENT DIRECTOR. THANKS!
Rules Changes for 2020
Rules changed by the board for 2020
1. Late Fee is applied if you held a card the previous year and renewed after the membership rodeo
1. Long pants have been added to attire to be worn at the start of contesting and anytime in the rodeo arena
2. Bucking chutes, timed event boxes and catch pens are considered part of the rodeo arena.
1. Non-members will now pay $10 per entry fee
2. One (1) entry will constitute a contest
3. Late entries in the barrel racing will not change drag positions nor will they add an extra drag.
1. Three (3) rodeo approvals for the year with ARA ground rules must be submitted sixty (60) days prior to the finals for a producer to receive a card with out payment.
2. A producer must be in good standing and have three approved ARA ground ruled rodeos to be eligible to supply stock for the finals. These rodeos must: (1) Be on non-consecutive dates (2) not charge admission to contestants and their guest
Producers must state on approval form if contestants will be charged at gate.
3. Producers may submit non-committee single performance rodeos (non-consecutive dates) and be allowed to charge admission, not to exceed $5 from the contestants and heir guests. These rodeos scheduled after March 15th cannot count as any of the three (3) ARA rodeos needed to qualify producers for Finals awards (Only one gate admission regardless of the number of rodeos held during the day)
Secretaries and Timers:
1. $10 Non Member fee will be collected by the secretary
2. Secretary will turn in NO SHOW List to ARA Secretary from each rodeo
3. In the case of insufficient funds from checks issued as prize money, the account holder will be responsible for a $50 fine and make the check good for the first offense. The second offense will require a suspension and a $100 fine plus make the check good.
1. The judges check list will be turned in to the rodeo secretary at least one (1) hour prior to first performance.
Finals & The Point System
1. In order to receive year end awards, contestant must compete, if physically able, in all rounds at the Finals, with the exception of rookies who do not qualify into the top 15.
1. A flag must be on the barrier rope situated in the center of the box whenever possible. to aid in timer visibility. The flag should be at least a ten (10) inch square and be a bright color.
Tie Down Roping:
1. Calves will not be jerked down, with jerk down being defined as "calves being jerked straight over backwards between 10 and 2 and landing on the back of its head or flat on its back with all four feet in the air". A $50 fine will be applied to the contestant by the judge.
Ranch Bronc Riding (OPTIONAL)
1. No re-rides will be given once the horse clears the bucking chutes
2. A contestant may use a night latch or dog collar type device to hang on, if approved by contractor. This must be posted one (1) hour prior to the performance.
1. All bulls must have tipped horns to a half dollar size.
2. Only a bull fighter can restart a stopped bull.
Cowgirls Barrel Racing
1. Cowgirl's barrel racing stakes may be used for junior barrel racing only if the cowgirl's barrel racing is completed in the entirety prior to the first junior barrel run
2. Judges are responsible for measuring. staking and marking the barrels and score line before the beginning of the 1st performance and remeasuring before each performance to determine if the stakes are still in the original place.
3. Barrels are to be centered with laser beam.
Producers will make arrangements for the barrel pattern/arena to be groomed by dragging prior to the performance and before the slack. no more than ten (10) entrants will run in one (1) drag unless it is due to late entry.no shows will not change positions.
4. If the electric timer fails on a single barrel racer, the barrel racer has the option of hearing her stopwatch time and either accepting the stopwatch time or making a rerun. Decision must be made before the next barrel racer competes. 5. Any re runs will carry over all penalties accumulated during the first run, thus no additional penalties as long as the judge determines the contestant made an honest effort to compete.
1. Not continuing in a forward motion after entering the arena floor. (No circling or setting up is allowed)
Jr. Barrel Racing
1. Juniors must be fifteen (15) and under on March 1st
2. When junior barrel stakes are set, they will be all moved in the same direction, either up or down the arena (Not In)
3. If Junior barrel racing is not published on the ARA website, the points will not count.
50 and Over Team Roping (optional)
1. All heelers may tie off in the event except boys 13 years and younger.
2. A separate set of cattle must be used in the event unless one event has been completed before the start of the second event.
1. Calves will not be jerked down, with jerk down being defined as "calves being jerked straight over backwards with front legs between 10 and 2 o'clock and landing on the back of its head or flat on its back with all four feet in the air".
This is paragraph text. Double click here to edit and add your own text.
ARA Finals October 1-3, 2020
El Paso, AR
Congratulations to the following:
Announcer: Travis Tate
Pick up men: Tom Green
Bull Fighters: Lane Jason
Secretary: Jennifer Woods
Timers: Shelly McCain
Judges: David Verser
Gate Man: Cass Neighbors
Don't forget it's time to nominate officers and directors
Click on the above link to print out scholarship application
All Around Ladies and Man
Year End Winners
Finals Average Winners
CHECK IN IS FROM 4-7 pm THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE FINALS. IT WILL BE IN THE HOSPITALITY ROOM NEXT TO THE CONCESSION STAND. PIZZA PRO OF VILONIA IS FURNISHING PIZZA FOR THE CONTESTANTS THURSDAY NIGHT. THEME NIGHTS THIS YEAR ARE:
THURSDAY: YOUR CHOICE
FRIDAY: TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK